Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SIMPLE PLEASURES

Yesterday evening Milo and I went into the backyard to water the grass. It was probably around 8:30, still light but finally cooling off a bit. Milo had a great time running though the grass, it was so nice to see him enjoy a "typical" kid activity. I decided to join him, we sat in the grass and rolled around. I lifted him the air and pretended he was a airplane, he had the biggest grin on his face. I was so nice to just enjoy the evening and watching him play without having to worry about oxygen tubes, ventilator circuits disconnecting and whether or not he was breathing well enough. Care free is the way to be and I see more and more of it in our future!

Along with the fun stuff comes the more typical toddler behavior too. My phone ended up in the toilet yesterday. When he is free to roam he must be watched closely around the potties. He was in my bedroom playing and wandered into the bathroom, he doesn't get in there very often so he was exploring, I caught him in the shower investigating the drain at one point. Shortly after that I saw him head toward the potty with an item that was beside the bathtub so I rushed in to intervene. I discovered that he had already dumped an empty shampoo bottle into the water, "Oh well," I thought "no big deal" and I fished it out only to uncover the telephone had sunk to the bottom. I pulled it out shaking my head thinking "I guess this really is my fault," and set it in the sink. This morning I went to assess the damage and it seems to be in working order. It was asking to be charged. I haven't used it yet but it looks promising! At least it wasn't my cell phone, I have 2 other extensions on the house phone I can use :0)

No comments: