Saturday, November 20, 2010

Decisons, Decisions...

It's that time of year again to start thinking about Christmas cards.  I contemplated making my own cards this year but in an effort to simplify our holiday season I settled on the ever popular photo card.  Now comes the hard part...Shutterfly has so many new and wonderful cards this year, I'm having a hard time choosing a design!  Ususally I pick out a card and make sure to take pictures of Milo that complement the style and colors.  So off I went to choose a card (click here to see the many choices) do I want folded cards, flat cards printed on heavy cardstock, cards printed on photo paper, 4x8, 5x5 or 5x7 and then there is the style; traditional, religious, contemporary, full of color, few colors, oh and how many pictures, they have styles to accomodate between 1 and 6 photos.  After a long debate with myself I have decied on this style, but who knows, we'll see after I take the Christmas pictures of Milo :0)  One of my favorite things about the cardstock is that it is made from sustainably forested trees.

Why Shutterly you might ask?  I have always recieved wonderful quality in a timely fashion from them.  My favorite Shutterfly project was a photo book I made about Milo's medical story.  I wanted to remember the whole story and be able to share it with others.  The book I recieved was wonderful!  So professionally printed and bound.  So far I have ordered 3 hard back copies, one for Milo, one for me and one for my mom.  I am contemplating making another one that is geared toward preschool/Kindergarden age for Milo.  I also made some small soft back photo albums for my nephews and niece of their vacation time with us.  They were a hit!  Shutterfly makes it easy, choose simple path and they will do most of the work for you or fully customize the book yourself (my choice because I'm a bit of a control freak).  I have also made calendars and photo mugs for Christmas presents that have turned out beautiful.  They also have greeting cards for about any occasion.  I especially love the cards who's proceedes benefit the American Lung Association, Heifer International, and LIVESTRONG.  I just saw graduation announcements too, for everyone from preschool graduation to college graduation!

Oh and if you have a blog and would like to earn free holiday cards from Shutterly click here to learn how.  Even though I wrote this post to earn some fabulous free cards, everything I have said is absolutely true :0)  I really do love Shutterfly!

No comments: