Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Garden of the Gods

About a month ago Milo and I headed down to Colorado Springs to celebrate Marissa's 5th birthday at  Chuck E. Cheese's.  I think that place is Milo's very favorite place on Earth right now, he's still talking about the party!  After the celebration I decided to drive on over to Garden of the Gods since it was a nice warm spring day.  It seemed that a very large portion of Colorado Springs also had that idea, the parking situation was horrible but I know of a little parking lot with a great trail that can't be seen from the road.  We were in luck, plenty of parking.  We "hiked" the Siamese Twins trail.  It is a mile round trip and only a 150 ft vertical gain so it was a fairly easy walk.  I was so impressed that Milo walked the whole way and he had a great time too.  After our hike we drove through the rest of the park and past Balanced Rock, no parking there so we just did a drive by.  We need to do more of this over summer break I think!

I was glad I had my camera and captured some great shots of Milo and the gorgeous red rock formations.





Red dirt bum


At the top of the trail is a hole in the rock formation
If it's not cloudy, Pikes Peak is framed in the hole.



A little rest on the way down


No comments: