Thursday, September 27, 2012

6 Years Ago

Six years ago today I recieved a phone call that would change my life in huge ways that I never could have imagined.  I was told of a baby who would be born in a little over 2 months that needed an adoptive family.  I did get a bit of background information but didn't know if this baby was a boy or girl or anything about his health.  I said YES.  In the next few weeks I learned that he was a boy and did have a heart defect.  I still said YES.  A week after Thanksgiving that little boy was born with a host of medical issues no one knew about.  I still said YES.  Five months later I said YES before a judge and this little boy is mine for ever and ever.  It hasn't been easy and if I had to do it all over again I would still say YES!

____________________________

Five years ago today my little boy was packed up in an ambulance and transported from Children's Hospital in downtown Denver to the new campus in Aurora.  Hard to believe the "new" hospital building is already 5 years old! Today they had the grand opening of a brand new patient tower that will ultimately increase the number of patient beds to 500.  That's a whole lot of kiddos that get exceptional care in Colorado!

No comments: