Sunday, August 22, 2010

Prayers & Popsicles

First I'm asking everyone to take an extra minute and say a little prayer for Milo's friend Faith.  She is having surgery tomorrow to reconstruct her airway so her trach can finally be removed.  It's a big surgery, she will be sedated for about a week to allow for healing.  The recovery can be long.  Please keep Faith, her wonderful parents, the surgeon (who worked wonders with Milo's airway this summer), nurses and all those who will care for Faith in your prayers.  I'm sure tomorrow will be a very long day for all.  Faith & Milo lived in the hospital together for a very long time and Faith was the first child of the same age that Milo ever interacted with, Faith and her family hold a special spot in our hearts :0)




So far so good with preschool this year!  He's been a bit teary-eyed when I drop him off but all reports are that he is doing wonderfully.  Friday they had a "picnic" for snack time and the kids got Popsicles.  I was sure that Milo did not eat one but the teacher looked at me like I was nuts and said "sure he did".  Umm, excuse me, are you sure your talking about Milo?  Both the teacher and the special ed teacher assured me that yes Milo did eat Popsicle although he did make faces.  I tried all summer to get him to eat one with no luck.  So today I decided to test him out, I got a Popsicle out of the freezer and sat down to eat it.  He came right over and tried to take it from me and sure enough he licked it and took a couple of small bites.  I quickly ushered him outside for the inevitable mess.  He didn't eat a lot of it but more than I expected he would.  I can't wait to see what else he comes home doing...