Monday, August 30, 2010

eat popcorn!

Yesterday I discovered that Milo likes popcorn.  We were at the mall in the play area, when he was done playing he wanted to go to the popcorn stand right next to the play area.  I told him I didn't think he would eat popcorn and he said "eat popcorn!" so I gave it a shot figuring the $3 would be worth the experiment.  I got him the cheesy kind because he likes cheese crackers and he ate it, and ate some more.  We went to the car and I filled his snack cup and he ate it all.  I filled it 2 more times yesterday.  Today I filled it 3 times too.  Guess that'll teach me to underestimate him :0)


His speech is coming along too.  You can kind of hear him answer me in the video.  By the way I LOVE those snack cups.  He can't spill the stuff out of them...well very easily anyway.
This afternoon we went to the hospital to visit Faith.  She got out of the PICU yesterday and wanted to play with friends & we were definitely up for that.  Faith is doing great, so great that she was discharged from the hospital today!  Original plans would have kept her in for about 3 weeks but her wonderful ENT (who also happens to be Milo's doctor) altered plans a bit.  Check out her blog to see all the details and to see how great (and adorable) she looks with her naked neck!  Milo was very cute playing with her today, he was very patient and well behaved.  He tolerated all the nurses saying "hi".  I think he is a little too comfortable in a hospital room!  Here's a picture of the two of them, it was hard to coral both of them long enough to get a picture.

2 comments:

Ayden said...

Holy Cow batman... from eating nothing to popcorn!! That's huge!! Now if only popcorn had a zillion calories... haha I guess you should tell him you don't think he can eat anything... maybe you are onto something... heehee (if only it were that simple)

Anonymous said...

Popcorn is MAJOR! Go Milo!

I stumbled on here from Faith's mom's blog (who I know of from the trach board). I saw you have a little boy w/SN named Milo. I have one too! SN and named Milo! He's a twin and just turned 8 y/o.

My Milo *loves* snowmen and pumpkins too! I mean obsessed for years now!

Your little guy is awesome and super handsome.

Kerry