Friday, September 10, 2010

Changed Perspective

A while back I saw this short video on TV and realized just how much my perspective on life has changed.



When the little blue bird tried to make noise and that horrible stridor sound came out of him I immediately said "that bird needs a trach, he can't breathe!".  It was a feeling from way down deep that caught me off guard when I heard that noise.  Then the little sneezed out a feather and all was fixed, if only a sneeze would fix kids who sound like that :0)  Now I don't know if the people that made this video thought of this and did it purposefully or not but WHY is the bird with breathing issues BLUE and the smallest one too?  Just made me realize how much my world has changed in the last 4 years...

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh, the things we notice now. Just the other night, Jeremy was on his computer and there was a beeping noise coming from the show he was watching. I immediately thought it was the feeding pump. Then, on Wednesday, I was changing the diaper of the little guy I watch and I made sure I was careful to pull his shirt up in such a manner that it wouldn't get snagged on his g-tube. Which he doesn't have!!! ;-)

Changing your perspective on life is a strange thing...

Alicia said...

And it is weird, by the way, that they made the bird with the breathing issues blue and small. I caught myself holding my breath waiting for him to breathe!