Monday, July 27, 2009

4 Days & Counting

I can hardly believe it's been 4 days since Milo's trach came out. He is too cute, I ask him where his trach is and he still points to his neck :0) I'm trying to get him to sign "all gone" but he hasn't caught on yet. I guess that's good in a way, he must not notice a big difference. Sleeping has been the biggest challenge so far. He just doesn't seem to get to sleep as easily as before & I'm hoping that gets back to normal too. The good thing is that he hasn't had oxygen while sleeping since coming home from the hospital. He seems to be keeping his sats around 94 so at least I don't have to fight with him about the nasal cannula because that has become a huge battle. He did have a little stridor the first evening while at the hospital but it went away while the night resident was deciding what to do. It probably lasted all of 5 minutes. I've been watching him like a hawk though. He was breathing a bit fast yesterday but seemed to settle out and has been fine today. Sometimes he will sound a bit wheezy too but only for a bit. We got a new prescription for Atrovent "just in case" we need it. I will say that he has been more crabby than normal but I guess that's allowed for a little while.

He is making more noise too! He makes a noise that sounds like a siren and it sounded like he was singing a song while we were outside a bit ago. I tried to get video, it's not the best but it gives you an idea


He crashed into the wall & fell on the floor while running down the hall the other night and gave himself a shiner on his right eye, that makes for beautiful pictures :0) Just proves he is all little boy! Here's some pictures...


about 20 min after returning to the floor after decannulation



this is what his stoma looked like 24 hours after taking the trach out


playing outside this morning

1 comment:

Alicia said...

He looks and sounds great!

Can't wait to see you this weekend!