Friday, July 10, 2009

PRAYER REQUEST

Last week a good family friend, Peg Russell, suddenly passed away. Her death has left gaping holes in the lives of her family and friends and the community as a whole. Today is her memorial service and I ask that you pray for her young son Quinn, her family & her many friends to find peace as they say their last good-byes this afternoon.

Peg touched my life in an amazing way. It was Peg who asked me if I would be interested in adopting a baby that hadn't been born yet, his mom was in foster care. That baby turned out to be Milo and Peg was named as his guardian ad litem until his adoption was final. Without Peg I wouldn't have Milo. Peg was the one who found a way to make his adoption final before the normal 6 month waiting period, she helped me to negotiate the adoption subsidy & when the county refused to pay it while he was in the hospital Peg represented us in legal precedings and ultimately got a judgement for the county to pay all the money owed. She didn't stop there, she pressured them until the money was finally deposited in my account 6 months later. She went above and beyond for us and refused any kind payment (well other than Starbucks). She was an amazing person, I will miss her.

Peg also brought another child into our extended family. She was guardian ad litem to another special needs little boy, Chase, who my cousins adopted several years ago. She was active in the community and I can only imagine how many families she personally touched in her life time.

Thank you for your prayers, they are greatly appreciated. Today will be a difficult day for many people. We are not venturing down to Alamosa for the memorial service. Milo & I just got back from our 4th of July trip to Alamosa last Tuesday and I think turning around and going again would just be too much for the little guy. I'll post pictures from our little vacation soon :0)

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh Janay, I am so sorry. I will pray for Peg's family, especially her son. I am praying for you too. She sounds like a magnificent, kind, and caring woman who gave of her heart freely and who made the best of her time on this earth.

(((Hugs)))

Faith said...

I am so sorry Janay.

What a gift Peg gave to you.

May her generous, loving spirit live on in spunky little Milo and his selfless mom!

Here for you,
Jen & CO.