Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

It's taken me a while but I finally got pictures from the 4th of July weekend posted :0) We went to Alamosa on the 3rd and came back on the 7th. There was so much to do and Milo was a trooper. The weekend wore him out though and he slept in until 10:30 on Monday morning! Here's what we did:

1. Annual 4th of July Parade in downtown Alamosa.
2. Played in the inflatable pool with his cousins at Grandma & Grandpa's house

3. Fireworks, until we got rained on then we sat in the car. Milo could have cared less about the big display but liked the fountains his uncle set off, was scared of the sparkler though

4. Church on Sunday morning

5. We went to Jasper in the mountains where Grandpa has property. Milo's first trip to the mountains he needed a little oxygen when he got upset but did pretty well for being at 9350 ft! It was beautiful & super green up there, the grasses were almost as tall as Milo!

6. Lunch with Grandma & Grandpa on Monday

7. Visited Uncle Gary & Aunt Gaye's farm, got to play on tractors and with some of his cousins.

8. Visited Great Grandma & Great Grandpa, there house is definitely NOT Milo-proof though...

9. Played in a great puddle in front of Grandma & Grandpa house :0)

10. Visited the horses of Grandma's friend Judy. Milo got to pet them and brush one of them. He thought they were great but likes chasing the poor cat more, go figure.

Phew, what a vacation!


I saved the best for last:
If you look really close you can see that Milo has finally decided to wear his nasal cannula for oxygen during naps and at night! I think this was his last hurdle before getting his trach out. Only 7 more days until that happens, YIKES!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I LOVE the montage, he looks like he had a great time!! I am so glad he is wearing the nasal cannula. That makes all the difference in the world!

I will be thinking about and praying for guys on and around "D" day. Update when you can.

Curtis and Candace said...

Hey Janay I got your blog address for your mom she was talking about it yesturday and I wanted to check it out. Milo is such a special little boy I can't help but smile when I see him. I'm so gald to hear he is doing so well!!
Curtis and I have a blog also if you ever want to check it out the address is: cjgschneiderfamily.blogspot.com