Monday, January 25, 2010

Potty Training: Day 3

What a day! I am exhausted and so is Milo. In fact he fell asleep before 6:30 tonight, this potty training thing has been hard on us both. I definitely can not say he has been potty trained in 3 days. However, I do not see this as a failure of the program. The determination one very stubborn 3 year old is more of a reason than anything. Today had mixed results. Once again he woke up to a dry bed! He had 2 successful trips to the bathroom, one of which he took me there rather than me taking him when I think he is about to go. He told me had to go one other time but nothing happened and there were countless accidents today (I chose not to count). I was getting very frustrated by early afternoon but then he had a success which is what I needed to keep on going. I KNOW that he knows what to do and now we are in a power struggle. I tried to keep it from getting there but he has one strong will and a very large bladder for such a little guy. I however refuse to go back to diapers or pull-up and will win this battle, no matter how much "stuff" I have to mop up and how much laundry I have to do. The preschool teachers are going to love me!! That being said I think we need to get out of the house tomorrow so after breakfast and little time for him to "do his thing" we will go the grocery store and maybe stop at the park if it is nice. I'm packing a bag and will clean up whatever I need to :0)

The house is cleaned, the floors steam mopped & the bathroom sanitized so now it is time for me to shower and get to bed. Since Milo went to sleep not longer after his dinner I expect to be up in the wee hours changing sheet tonight :0)

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Oh man, what a struggle you must be having. I can imagine this is how it will be with Marissa as she has an extremely strong will too. Just remember, he may win small battles but you CAN and WILL win this war!